Thursday, March 16, 2006

Those That Be Weak, Need Not Read

It all started on Sunday night.
I had gotten my period for the 4th week in a row earlier that day and
when Ana and I got on the plane I put a tampon on.
When we arrived in
Penang (50 mins later),
it had soaked through my jeans.


The cramps were like farking

killing me okay.

Aja is sent home by a certain someone,food is taupaued for her.

Monday Morning
:Gynae time
My mother and her partner have come with me.
I agreed to let her come after she said

'Are you going alone?' in a really pitiful tone, like I am real sad or something
'Yes mother, I do everything alone"
I said, but remembered that driving might not be such a great idea.

My mother and my stepfather are sitting on either side of me.
The nurse enters, it is only her and we three.
She gestures for me to get on the scales.
"Do I take my shoes off?" I ask
"No" says she
Yet when I make to step up, feet shod
she gives me a look
"Do I take my shoes off?" I ask again
"No, you must take them off" she says

Behind her, my mother and stepfather-type-person
cannot contain their guffaws
I shoot them a 'Behave-yourselves-children!' look
When the nurse goes, we collapse in laughter.

Gynae woman is very nice
She does an ultrasound and sends me for a blood test
She says I have two options, medication or a D & C
She thinks I'm bleeding so much and clotting so badly because
my uterus is trying to expel something
I choose medication, Harro?

(see below for D & C definasi)

Definition, D & C
D and C is a procedure to scrape and collect the tissue (endometrium)
from inside the uterus
Dilatation ("D") is a widening of the cervix to allow instruments into the uterus
Curettage ("C") is the scraping of the contents of the uterus
(now would be a good time to shudder)

Description
Also called uterine scraping,
is a fairly minor surgical procedure that may be performed in
hospital/clinic using general or local anesthesia.


The vaginal canal is held open by a speculum,
*shudder shudder shudder*
and the opening to the uterus (cervix) may be anesthetized.
The cervical canal is widened using a metal rod,
*fark fark fark*
and a curette (a metal loop on the end of a long, thin handle)
is passed through the canal into the uterine cavity.
The inner layer of the uterus (endometrium) is scraped away,
and the tissue is collected for examination.

Well fuck that biatch, it ain't happening.

D & C may be recommended for:
  • Bleeding between periods
  • Heavy menstrual bleeding
  • Bleeding after intercourse
  • Investigation of infertility
  • Endometrial polyps
  • Uterine cancer (early diagnosis)
  • Thickening of the uterus (endometrial hyperplasia )
  • An embedded IUD (intrauterine device)
  • Therapeutic or elective abortion
  • Miscarriage
  • Postmenopausal bleeding, or abnormal bleeding while taking hormone replacement therapy medications

Kanneh, as if I am gonna choose a D & C right?
Anyway all in all, cost me nearly 400 bucks.
Got painkillers that make me fly.
But obviously I don't take them unless VERY VERY pain.

Packaging says 'Controlled Medication'
WooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Anyway, bleeding has slowed, but not stopped
If it doesnt she says I have to be admitted for one night to the the meds intravenously
I've also been given oral contraception to help regulate my cycle.

To the SMSers that I haven't replied to
I'm sorry, busy moodless, all that jazz.

I'm okay, okay?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good lord. I'm not listening *la la la la la la*

Glad you're fine and back though.

Jo said...

yup... d&c is a pretty nasty sight...
you dont have to see the whole procedure,just see the speculum and it's enought for you to say blergh...
is it gonna be long term , you being on ocp?
well, just pls be know also the risks on being on ocp, ok?
dont wanna scare ya but just be aware alright?
haha, glad that you are ok..

:)

for the time being, take more foods rich in iron k?
for the anemia..
:)

take care

Anonymous said...

which gynae did u go to?

thought of going myself, but i don't know any...

scared..

Eaglet said...

Jo & J: Thank you (=

Anon: Dr. Maha at Island Hospital, she's very very nice.

Edgar "Jobe" Gasper said...

What a joyful write up!...the perfect blog to dive into after not blog trolling for months!

Glad to know youre good n all! :)

...was gonna go thru the ususal "what doesnt kill you makes you stronger" crap but fuck man...i dont even have a uterus and i still went OUCH!