Saturday, March 18, 2006

Well, Farkadoodles

Just had to be today innit?

A damn beautiful day
and I rush through the usual chores
the cruise up the winding road
John Mayer crooning

All ready to be seriously
ermmm....what the hell is that word?
for like useful, like get all your work and more done and shit?
it won't come to mind
anyway you probably know what I mean..

So yeah I step into Spice Garden
and make my way up to the cafe
and what do I find?

It's been infiltrated, I tell you!
By a bloody pack of chinese ed students
who speaking as though the whole world must
hear them
fuckers.

Totally.do.not.understand.the.concept.of.a.place.like.this.

It's overrun and I haven't even written my review yet!
I'll be sure to slip it in that potential patrons
could do well to respect the peace of other patrons
or risk being slingshot like a wild monkey.


PRODUCTIVE!
that's it!

Anyways, the bastards are damn loud and annoying okay
I'm half tempted to go up and tell them off
for being unappreciative bitches
go to a roadside coffee stall lah mahai!

I mean okayla, not all chinese ed people are so bad
I was just having a convo like that with a lecturer (oooh)
friend the other day
he tells me that he has a brilliant student
who refuses to truly get out there and do his utmost
the student says what holds him back is the fact that he is chinese ed.

So lecturer-man says
"They know, you see, they know what we think and say of them.."

Yeah but if he's so brilliant then why not prove us wrong right?
Why let it hold him back?

*Bastard. My friend just called from the F1. Just to let me listen.
Kanneh. Did I tell you I got offered a free ticket to the Shell box?
Bloody turned it down to be productive*

So yeah, this kid is letting the world's perception
of chinese ed people hold him back
I mean I know, I know it isn't easy
but when is it ever?

People say things about people like me too what.

Every one of us,
suffers other people's beef
Most people have preconceived perceptions about
others, judging before even meeting
and sometimes letting those perceptions
rule the entire relationship

But I say, if you choose to judge, and make no effort
to get to know the real me, then whose loss is it?

Wait.
Weren't we talking about noisy bengs bugging me?

My point is,
not alllllll bengs are that beng
and even if they are beng doesn't mean they're
not a nice person or stupid or bla bla..

It's just that, right now, right here
these bengs are too beng to handle.

It's like a whole new shipment arrived from the beng factory
a new batch every 20 minutes
high beng turnover

Oh god I'm ram-b(l)eng.

Over and out.

Or not.

I believe, I believe that I have the power
to shut the beng infiltration out
I believe I can concentrate on the sea
powder paste green in front of me
darker patches where the clouds throw their shadow

I believe I believe
these chattering aunties suddenly sharing my table
will stop cooing
I believe I believe their moth-ball scent is not
at this moment assaulting my nostrils

I believe I believe
that if I close my eyes
and will it from the very bottom of my heart
I can banish the bengs
and actually do the work
that I came here to do

I really think I've had too much coffee.
I mean I can't like,
stop typing.
and it isn't even anything important!

What happened to productive!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ja- can i call you ja (to damn lazy to type an A in front - economy bad...need to save)? Anyway...

Retards dont know they're retarded.

Your cue to say: Ahhhhh.... *understands*

Eaglet said...

Not shy man you.



Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Anonymous said...

There is safety behind being anonymous. So not shy...yet.

Anonymous said...

she just likes to whinge and bitch...i suppose it keeps us going, in our own ways...but binks, yours is the second blog i've read, after bengs, which i read yesterday, and i'm pissed off because this shit is so addictive...gotta stop...gotta be 'productive'...

Eaglet said...

Well dear ex boyfriend, you know , you could actually just select 'other' in the comments section?Rather than all this 'anonymous' bullshit (=

Haha yes, reading blogs can get addictive, more so when you're there and we're all here!

Anonymous said...

Um am I interrupting you two? Sorry. *the lamp post leaves*