Wednesday, March 29, 2006

My Aunts, My Aunts, My Lovely Lady Aunts!

Place: Aji No Ren, Prangin Mall & Starbucks
(an 'aunt' entry without a Starbucks? non possible)
Day: Sunday
Source- of- humour: Deux tantes

Lunchtime with the aunts, one is a regular feature on the blog
the other is visiting, having left her adorable son
in Japan.

I am having 'Kaki Guratan', baked oysters
that will work their aphrodisiacal magic
later causing me to feel annoyingly horny (with no way of releeeeaaase) towards evening


I'm trying to con my aunt into selling me her
Tag Heuer watch
that she bought, after I bought it
(meaning I bought it first, then she saw and copy la
sundu!)
Then I lost mine.

So here I am thinking because we all
"same blood one you know"
she'll sell it (2 and half years old) for half price,
you know how much discount the bitch offers?
200 bucks off
Blood my head!

My other aunt and I together-gether told her to
stuff it up her arse.

So anyways, The One With The Watch
says, " Okay, we go buy number, if I strike, you can have it"

"Set." says I

she continues,
" But, you know what, a few times when I struck,
it was after I went to the very store that I bought this watch from"


we eye her patiently

"What say you, after this we go and browse in the shop for 5 mins?"

We are in Fettes Park. The shop is in Komtar
on a bleedin Sunday. A good 30mins drive for 5 mins or browsing
and the possibility of striking numbers.

And weee each said,
OK.

So we played the first thing that came to ...


er..sorry. Off tangent a bit.

To cut a long story short my aunts and I went to this watch shop
to browse watches for 5 mins.

Then I demanded caffiene
so we traisped through Prangin Mall
to the Starbucks

Me: This is John Mayer playing

Nat: No it's not, you'd think that at least your ears would be useful
since nothing else is. (bitchy!)

Me: I bet you 50 bucks it is!

Aja turns around and asks starbucks chick who it is
she checks and says that its just a general Herbie Hancock CD

Hah!exclaims the bitch, triumphant. Hah!

We grab our hot take away lattes and make as to walk out
'Wait' says the one from Japan 'Don't you guys need straws?'
Nat and I look at each other and just shake our heads.

We walk out into Ah Beng central again.
Nat gets us lost, walking around in circles in the crush of people
I am still perplexed by the sign advertising
"Ear Candling"

The one from Japan
suddenly stops in her tracks,
stomps her foot
"I don't care how you two do it
but get me out of this place NOW!"

Thus, an afternoon with the aunts
(actually after that we went to see my Japanese cousin with the Italian name)

Numbers?What numbers?

I know John Mayer okay, I am positive he featured.
Not Kam-wan.
(Later that night, we are our regular starbucks,and since it's like a second home
May (manager) actually brings me the cover and proves me right)

Never got my cash though.




12 comments:

Anonymous said...

"ear candling" is this detox thing where they stick a flexible bit of wax waaaaay down ur ear canal in order to clean it of decades of accumulated crap. supposed to have originated from the native americans, but i never saw no injun sticking no candle down his ear in Dances with Wolves.

i've always had this masochistic urge to try this ear candling thing but im afraid it'll pull out bits of my brain along with the rest of the dirt.

Eaglet said...

Or..just bits o dirt ey....

Unknown said...

I don't want to sound pedantic, but "lady aunts" imply that there are also "man aunts"...

Eaglet said...

Hmmm I've never slapped a Tiger. You think they'd bite. Or say "Slap me smore, baby?"

Anonymous said...

*Whiny voice*
And we played the first thing that came to our heads....
Just so happened to beeeeeeeeeeeeeee.........
The Best Song in the World, it was The Best Song in the World.........
Look into my eyes and it's easy to see.......
One and one make two, two and one make three,
It was destiny.

Anonymous said...

Hot damn. I think i want that on my headstone.

Shimmers said...

u make feel like having a drink from starbucks...

but i'm no where NEAR an outlet....

sob sob

Rand0m said...

i think only the bux at island has really consumable coffee. rest of the outlets ( even patrick's) has erm off-coffee.

btw, i think your aunt don't like me ever since i tried parking reaaaalllllllllllll close to her car :)

Eaglet said...

Bard: You want the song on your headstone?

Shimmers: Actually righhhht, I prefer bean. But my familyyy rigggght they like bucks. and they pay. hahaha

Rom: My aunts they all very anal one (like me) dont pray pray with her, after she scratch your car then you know.

Anonymous said...

Well...unless I die in some traffic accident... then I'll have Howie Day's Collide.

Eaglet said...

WHO are you?I feel like I know you okay.
Why that song?I like the acoustic version

Anonymous said...

Obviously its supposed to be like a bad pun...accident...collide?

Maybe we're kindred spirits. Nah you dont know me. I know who you are but its been years since I last seen you. Woulda introduced myself back then if i had any idea you were this interesting. Meh. *shrugs*