Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A Dream, So Vivid

He turns towards me
" Scars are souvenirs you never lose"

I am astounded
"Its my favourite line, I was just thinking of blogging it"

We have the same brain
this stranger and I
only the very slightest tweaking makes us man, makes us woman
makes me me, and him he
makes us, us.

Fast forward.. and we are standing on a bridge
below us the water snakes
dark depths rippling in the breeze
it is more than just a breeze but less than full blown wind
it is a brash breeze

"Lets sit on the bridge"

"Neither of us are particularly short-legged" he says
indicating
soakedness of the feet

"That's the whole idea" I say
dipping into the cold

There are reeds in the shallows
waving, waving
dark trees overhead
blowsily blowing
the leaves
they come, atumbling
a flutter, a scatter

The pathway is hewn stone slabs
straight tufts of carpet-grass dividing each square
gusts, dust of dirt here and there

Scene switches, but not too far

Now, I stand
ensconed in his arms
his head, a head above mine
chin rests upon forehead
scents intermingled


I vividly recall, at this moment
the ciggarette he smoketh over my shoulder

"Sing me a song" I say
I do not wait
sing on my own

I sing, he sings
we sing, and sway
We sing two "Sways"
Runga and Buble

Switch

Here we stand, on the bridge again
side-by-side
facing the wind
arms stretched far out
on either side
hair streaming backwards
if you close your eyes, if you let go
the sensation that it could almost carry

A whisper, "I'm the king of the world"

Peals of laughter
or a united silence
I do not know

Nuzzle, nuzzle
sudden
bursting of the bubble.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to get laid...fast!

But a very nice picture you did paint.

Anonymous said...

Hey Aja!

Hmm this may sound a tad weird, but many years ago, I think we used to be pen pals (like about 10 years ago??) Don't know if you'd remember me, but we even used to talk over the phone. Think you were still studying in CPT then.

Would love to hear from you if you can still remember me...

Eaglet said...

Shagger: Dreams are wonderful when you can actually remember them. Nightmares should bugger orf.

MayLing: OMG yes I do remember you. I only ever had one penpal. This is so weird. But yeah, its great to hear from you, how did you find me?Where are you?What are you doing nowadays? Email me!

Anonymous said...

I had a dream last night, the first one that I can remember for a very long time, and it wasnt nice.

It was about the German waiter who keeps winking at me. This part is true.
The night before last, he was walking ahead of me after disembarking from the boat, he lives in the room above mine. I was walking painfully slow, a guy in a wheelchair going up hill backwards would have been faster.

Anyway, this was intentional, so that I did not become 'involved' in a awkward situation.

Alas, I felt I had gone slow enough so that he would be out of sight. Just as I thought I was home free, he popped out of the jungle and invited me up for one of his last two beers!! I am not one to turn down free beer, but this was one such occassion. I made my excuses and made for the safety of my villa.

Then I dreampt about the whole thing again, except I was telling someone in the restaurant and laughing at our german sausage smoking friend, he was right behind me and clearly over heard me. I then felt embarrassed. -The End-

See, not all dreams are worth remembering!!!!!!

the frou fr0u one said...

i bet u his name starts with a K
kekekekke

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is really incredible. I stumbled upon your blog yesterday while surfing around. One of the blogs I read links you. I remember you because of your unique name! I still remember getting it wrong the first time haha.

Do mail me okay? I can't locate your email anywhere on your blog! :P My email's maysies at gmail dot com. Hope to hear from you soon!

p.s Are all these pics taken in Penang? They're gorgeous!