Thursday, March 30, 2006

Talk About Efficient- A Rant

The other day I flew for the first time to the new LCCT
Lucky for me, Eric the Genius

was no match for my brilliant skills of persuasion
and agreed to pick me up from KLIA
not just that, he went a step further
and found his way to the LCCT.
*woot* woot*

This ability to anticipate
spared me from having to take the(so called) shuttle
to KLIA, leaving me unprepared
for the journey back.

If you read below, on Monday I woke up bright and early
after 4 hours or so off sleep
thanks to an uncle who wouldn't stop talking

I then proceeded to head into the sweltering heat
that engulfs KL city
before meeting butta for lunch
and that glass of wine
(wine in the afternoon always seems send me into the
dungeons of fatigue)

after which we went home
and Butta, her Mom and her father
promptly fell asleep, one by one
leaving me and baby Trin
(which I loved! but a nap would have prepared me for what was to come)

at 6.15, I rush to pack, reaching Sentral at 7.15
my flight is at 9.05
I am anticipating that the journey from KLIA
to LCCT may take some time
so forgoing dinner for the KLIA Ex at 7.15 seems like a good plan.

10 minutes on the train and AirAsia textes to say my flight is
delayed till 11.10
Too late, I am resigned to 3 half hours of nothingness

I get to KLIA
knowing that there's nothing much at the LCCT,
decide to hang about there till its closer to take-off

By 9 I am bored shitless
I don't know where to check -in
the screens showing check-in and departure
have no info on Air Asia flights
except that each and every single one is delayed
Bangkok, Hanoi, you name it
but is there any info on where to check in?
Nil.

I start looking for info on how to get to the LCCT
deducing that that be where check in is
Save the lame banners by the entrance of the departure hall
advertising the LCCT and telling one that there
is a free shuttle at platform 8
there is NOTHING not a single thing to tell
the weary traveller how to get to the shit hole

Oh, but everywhere there are fliers
announcing their spanking new LCCT terminal

But you wanna know how to get there?
Well, you really wanna go?Do ya?DO ya?
Well you have to work at it honey, hard.
That's the concept they adopted.

I'm getting mighty pissed off. The screens are telling me nothing.
There is (no exaggeration) not a single Air Asia staff at KLIA.

I look for Platform 8
the banners, being by the entrances to the departure hall
numbered 1-8,
make me assume and immediately head for 8.
deserted.

I go to the general Information Counter
they tell me to go to 1
I go there, the people there have been waiting for
two fucking hours.

Its pushing 10pm and I am at wit's end
I can't remember the last time I was so furious
I want to kick something, someone
I want to smash my head through the glass door
I want to screaaaam

I am going berserk
So cuckoo that I am walking around
in circles within the 2 automatic doors
keeping both from shutting.

I call Air Asia, no bloody answer.

Information Counter again.
They tell me to go downstairs to the bus station
and pay to take the bus to the LCCT
(there's a bus station?)
then they have the gall to tell me to rush or I might miss my flight
because the LCCT is 20 freakin kilometers from KLIA

I'm so tired I'm feeling delirious
as I walk to the bus station, I see the platform 8 they meant, was there
and I am a relatively intelligent, street smart person okay
I thrive on text
the fact that I didn't know this from the banner
means it wasn't friggin there!

I look at the screens again
suddenly it shows that my flight has been delayed till 1.20am!
I turn around, stomping towards Malaysian Airlines

I stop at another screen,
my flight is back to 11.10
I am so tired my eyes are playing tricks on me
I trudge back to the bus, get on it
RM1.50.

Finally, the LCCT.

I check in, my flight is now taking off at 11.30

11.45 we get on the plane
I am in a dream-like state of exhaustion
12.45, we are in the exact spot on the runway,
they havent even closed the doors

Can you fucking believe it?
The stewardesses (I use the term loosely) offer
no apology, no explanation, no meal compensation

We are told that there are technical difficulties and that we need to switch planes.

Finally, Penang, 1.45 am
I spy that the Penang passengers have special Air Asia takeout containers
no fair!

Home,2.30 am.

Work, 9.30 am.
What a day man.
Bad mood and pent up negative energy carried over till tuesday
I am sorry mommy, cheryl and nana
for being such a horrible bitch.

Is this where I say "Malaysia Boleh?"

P.S. If you're flying to LCCT, make sure you have a ride
the cabs are on strike because it's farther for them to get there
but they're supposed to charge cheaper fares.

No comments: