Friday, March 03, 2006

Case of the Ex

As is the case with most of my family members
I've noticed that when we bring a partner into the family they tend to stay on
and be close to other members of the family
long after break-up.

Some even more thick-skin and think they are family!

In the cases of my exes
one is still greatly adored by members from young to old
another has become a great member who sometimes see them more
than I do.

Starbucks, Tuesday night

(This be the day that I showed up there
not knowing but knowing they were there)

Nat and Fion are chatting
Aja is typing ferociously because earlier in the day
people called to complain that the blog is dead
CPR

duk-duk, duk-duk, duk-duk

Fion: Eh, why you so rude one?Come here ignore us,
and type type type?

Aja: I didn't even know you all were here ok
I came to resuscitate my blog

Fion: Then go sit different table lah!

Nat: Eh, just now we had dinner with your ex,
he brought a girl.

Interest piqued. Aja stops typing.

Aja: Ooooh, then why did he ask me out for dinner then?

Scene: Earlier in the day (Tues), Aja is typing
like a mad ... typist.at Brendon's computer,
Sean has just tried to burn the house down (remember?)
Text Message: Beep, beep
Ex-bf: Hey, watcha doin for dinner
Aja: Daddy's cooking, I can fit you in for Saturday if you'd like
Ex-bf: Maybe. *sulking*
Aja: *ignores*

'So who is this girl? What's her name?
Most importantly, does she speak english?'
They start wiggling their noses
mimicking
her accent
"Whatch is you name , nice to meetchu ",
they say squinting eyes (seductively deep look) and waggling noses
I am shaking, laughter pealing.
'Pretty or not?'
"Okay lar, English first impression okay
after that downhill "
"Mouth quite big, and normally girls with big mouth quite
attractive
one, but sadly, not in her case"
"But this one, better than the other one, last time at his house,
that one like indonesian maid, sit down only, drink and ashtray appear whooosh "
Text message: Beep beep
Nat: He's coming, bringing her here now!
'Fuck, how can he do this?I look like shit.'
I am wearing flip flops and shorts, my hair in up in a headband
make-up less (but still not bad) haha
Nat and Fion look at me
' Ja, even like this, you don't have to worry okay?'
Okay, at this point let it be stated that
I do not care about how I look to my ex
it is more of an ex-girlfriend 's ego
being inflated and not deflated when meeting
her ex's new chick situation
It is, in complete honesty,
about maintaining a sense of superiority and self-confidence
(because more often than not, they crack at that)
I'll respect a girl who holds her own, and only then deem her
worthy of pursuit
.
Poof!
Ex appears behind me. Chickless.
Fion and Nat are up in an instant
"Hello!"
they chirp, shaking his hand
"Whatch is your name? Nice to meetchu!"

3 comments:

H.C. Tan said...

wow, i guess when u mean resuscitating ur blog, u mean resuscitate huh? lolz it's good to read from ur blog again though. keep it up!~ =) btw, drink ler d traditional black black soup that some women take after period..so much blood loss! =(

Anonymous said...

'Nice to meetchu' ....Isn't that a sacred site in Peru?

Ahhhh ...sorry ...that's Machu Picchu.

Eaglet said...

Hooi Ching : Yeah opposite my office got black soup, I'll go try it, thanks (=

Des: WHere have you been? She was from Macchu Picchu!