Thursday, March 30, 2006

Of Brazillian Waxes, Bon Bon & Butta

Regarding the first topic in post title,
listen to me girls (or guys)
never ever ever ever
ever
go with the chinese therapists
somehow, chinese therapists and waxing down there
don't go.

Because right, I think they are kinda like
disgusted to be doing it,
(unlike the filipino, malay etc therapists
who seem to take pride in doing it right, i.e.
smooth as a babies bottom and as 'not-that-pain' as is possible with the procedure)

I swear, they just want to get it over and done with
making you more kan cheong that its over and done with
two people in a hurry = pain
lots of it.

__________________________________________________________

When it's over, I head downstairs to meet
the Butta at Bon Bon
it is her first girl-lunch with me since
the coming of Trinity

Butta sits down
"A glass of red wine please,"
says she, when I've ordered coffee

"Babe!," exclaims I, eyes widened
She feigns innnocence, "what?"

"It's five past 12noon!"

"So, babes?How often do I get to do this?"

I order me a wine.

By the time we're both done with a glass each
we're swaying around like lunatics
we need to buy her mom (who is babysitting trin)
cakes for tea.

"Not too rich, not too rich", mutters the Butta
as we scuttle through Bangsar Village

Not to rich not to rich
We chant
giggling like teenagers as we hook arms
to keep from tripping (almost causing each other to trip)

We go to Bakerzin and a few other bakery type places
we peer in the display cases.

"Is it rich?" Butta, regarding the entire display, asks the attending sales girl
"Is what rich?" ask the girl eyeing us disapprovingly
"All of them" says Butta, waving her arms expansively.

I'm trying not to guffaw, you see, Butta and I both know, the moment she said it
thats it's the after effects of wining that's causing such atrocious england

We hurtle through the supermarket, checking out the
in-house bakery and Delicious's selection

"Quiche me, quik!" I exclaim when we peruse the quiches
she pulls me out of the bakery, telling me not to embarass her.

"Look babes," points Butta, "They put the rhizomes together!"
"They are put together to root for each other," I say
as we nearly collapse giggling

People are looking at us weird.

Finally we decide on Bakerzin
Baker's Inn, Bakerzin, Baker's Inn, Bakerzin
we say, over and over letting the words tumble out of our mouths

She nudges me, "Foodie question babe,"
she says, pointing to a madeleine
"What's that shape called?"

"I dunno," says I
and she gives me that how could you not know look
"Its a cornell! I learnt it watching Surfing the Menu!"

Burnt out now, we go to the Taxi Stand.
"Babe, if it's called a Taxi Stand and we're sitting here,
shouldn't it be called a Taxi Sit?"

1 comment:

Shimmers said...

HAHAHahahahahHAHAHAHA