Thursday, June 30, 2005

We Are In Dire Need Of...

Proper eye candy.
I was walking in the wet market a few minutes ago
looking for something juicy to sink my teeth into
when I spotted an oval apple(but that's another story)
Anyways, out of my peripheral line of vision
I spotted the back of a tall, (what I hoped to be) hunk
Ever so slightly, he turned towards me
and
I immediately nixed him
completely lost interest
Why?
He had the jaw-line of a seal.
So I'm dejectedly ambling down the lane
when I started to reflect
squinting in the sun, furrowed brow
on my
quick and absolute vetoing of him
I was on to something..
something I'd never analysed in myself before
What type of man am I into?
[and here we're talking aesthetically pleasing only,
yes, shallow as it may sound,
at first impression, good looks always count,
you and I both know that,
so lets just quit pretending otherwise]
It was the first time I'd ever clued into the fact that
I prefer a stronger jawline
I flipped through my memory banks
found the folder marked "exes"
and went back in time
like a nymph I floated hazily
over myself and my then man
gleaning interesting tidbits of information
and I found this chewy bit:
give or take 1 or 2 of them,
all were above 6 ft tall.
I also discovered
that I went from
adamantly insisting that I would never like chest-hair
to burying my nose in chest hair
They were all fit sportsmen types
who had a sport of choice
The sprinter
the tennis player
the swimmer
the trapeze artist
But some of that
was just then
now, I've changed
Concluding which,
is that the now criteria is preferably
(in the manner of looks and physique):
approaching 6ft tall or over
strong jawline
broad shoulders
not too muscly
not to meaty
symmetrical, pronounced features
nice skin
short-hair
tanned
But of course, those things don't matter
if the person in question is not:
Intelligent
Humourous
Warm
Kind-Hearted
Affectionate
Clean!
Nice smelling
Ambitious
Spontaneous
Adventurous
Other things that would be nice:
Foodie
Cooks well
Reads
Cleans
Appreaciates art and theatre
Can Dance
Men with those qualities and more exist,
I know this because I've met them.
Is it too much to ask?
I didn't even add things against the male nature
like:
will never cheat
or
will always be able to find his own things
or
will not hungrily look at other women while you are clinging off his arm
or
will always put the toilet seat up
I just scrolled up, and re-read.
It appears I'll stay single forever.

3 comments:

Nina L-M said...

it's not too much to ask. i have met men that met every criteria you listed even those against the male nature. you wont stay single forever. i'm sure of that. if i can find them around me, you can too. -- in reply to the comment you posted : so far no guy has actually made me laugh. all were mere smiles, giggles and little tickles. so i know what u mean.

sorry if this comment doesnt quite make sense. feeling a lil kooky right now

Anonymous said...

Might I suggest..temporary eye candy Jay Hernandez-("crazy/beautiful")might cure the woes, he is one I lust over but could never truly possess =)
promise you wont be disappointed

Eaglet said...

ooooohhhhhhh HOT
(wipes drool from side of mouth)
I want!