Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I WANT to GO!

I said, stomping my foot in the dust...
"Why?" they asked
" What's the big deal about Khao Sarn?, they say Chatuchak cheaper, somemore closer"
"Its the vibe okay?, you people travel but never experience one.."
How could I say I wanted to go because I am a
Quasi-Hippie-Backpacker-Biker-Prissy-Bitch-type chick
(yes, I am aware the sequence changes)
Therefore, just had to go.
Anyway, my aunt and partner in excitable crimes
helped talk everyone into it
and soon we were off.
It was our last day,
and thus we were in a bit of a rush
It was Sunday so I told them no jam wan
somemore very close one
somemore cheaper than Chatuchak
See see, jam like a constipated monkey
as soon as we got into Cab
the driver told Nick it was damn expensive
and turned out to be FAR
But when we got there....
its just so alive
so young
so travel-ly
I've always felt that when travelling
you have to experience
both sides of the coin
just visiting posh or hip places
and not the outskirts
or the budget areas
gives you a different perception of things,..
Thats why
must try and do both.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Heh, the name of the place reminds me of Cold Chisel's 1978 hit titled Khe Sanh.

Eaglet said...

Bro, I soooooo wasnt born in '78..
hahaha
you old people, always like this one.

Unknown said...

what to do... uncle gets into a nostalgic mood sometimes. *heheh*