Saturday, June 04, 2005

Friday Gets You A Little Crazy

Its 10 am Friday when my phone wakes me.
Fuck, I think..bloody late for work again.
My mate is suffering from a huge hangover.
"Where are ya?" he says.
"In bed"
"So am I"
"Shit, man I gotta go, late for work, thanks for waking me!"
"No mate", says he "Don't go, take that day off, lets hit the beach'
I take a deep breath, tempted.
"No, I gotta work" says I , in a voice so responsible that it shocks me that its coming from me.
When I get to work the network is down. Cant do shit.
I 'm feeling a bit ill, a bit out of sorts.
By 12 I'm driving home for lunch.
I decide to take the rest of the day off.
By 2, I have convinced myself that some girlfriend lovin is just the remedy.
By 3 I am at the beach with my mate.
By 5 we are at the airport.
By 7 I am in Vanessa's car leaving KL Sentral, planning where to go come nightfall.
Gila-gila spontan.

No comments: