Monday, June 13, 2005

A Spontaneous Feast

You know you're at the wrong party when
3 bare chested white men are grooving spastically to the Bee Gees
and one of them is wearing
a White Cow Boy hat.
At first mention of the sunday BBQ spontan
I reacted negatively
(I wonder if it was the hangover coupled with PMS..d'you think?)
There are but two rules when it comes to doing something spontaneous that includes me:
1: You do not assume that I will drop every single existing plan to attend or that I have no plans, and just tell me to be there.
Instead, you ask.
2: Better yet, sell me the idea..make me think it was me that made you come up with it.
(i know i said two but..)
3: Make sure I am not PMS-ing and hungover.Tread lightly.
But it was indeed fun.
I arrived at 7.
treated myself to a Sperm Joose and Vodka.
then I felt like a million bucks.
My latest hangover
was thanks to and evening of drinking
at my favourite new haunt, Bagan.
Think of it as, hair of the dog,
that went out of control.
May and I shared the burden of
salad-making and marinating
The lads fired up the barbie and
cooked the meat.

The hilarity lay,

in the men, who karaoked to "Massachusetts"

Danced a la Red Indian

The one who insisted on wearing his long-sleeved,

pressed Polo Shirt

while the others bared all their hair.

The one who passed out, woke up

and continously repeated the cycle

The dog that was high on beer and J

Posted by Hello

By the time the rest came at 10

I was exhausted as a worker-bee.

So off I went to pass oot.

By 11 I got a lift home.

and was snug as a bun

in the oven.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dessert seems to be missing from the menu. Perhaps not everyone believes in dessert :P

"A man who takes on PMS is a man with balls - for the moment" - Anon.

Eaglet said...

hahaha I like.
Dessert?
Yeah no dessert.
Next time, I promise.