Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Silly Dreams

How strange.
Last night I realised that
the night before,
I dreamt of my ex.
No, not that ex silly
Like , my ex to the power of 3.

Gary.
How strange.
I think his mother triggered it
because the day before yesterday
I was walking my beautiful golden Lab, Johnson
up Pearl Hill, when I saw her
Walking her beautiful golden and charcoal Labs downhill
I don't think she even recognised me.
This girl, who sama-same got deflowered
with her son
and went out with him for so
(what was it? 3?4?) many years.

So anyways we walk on, us and our beautiful Labs.

I go home, watch a brilliant old movie (Legend of 1900)
Then I fall asleep,
wake up to the next, hazy, muggy day,
and go to work as usual.

Then somewhere in the evening of that day,
It comes to me.
That I dreamt of him.
We were driving, swimming,
doing some Bollywood dance around the tree
and he had a girlfriend
who was all frail and girlish
Its damn weird okay.
I havent thought about him in yonks.
*Brrr*
There was a point in my life
after we broke up
when he was all I thought about
day in, day out
then i got over him
but
because he had been a part of me for so long
it was like
everyday
my mind would automatically
dig him up from the archives of my memory
and just flash his picture in front of me once
just once.
like it had to do it
not because he still mattered
but because my mind was used to it.
Sometimes it wasnt a picture
it was words
Gary
my mind would say
and let it fade away.
One second
In the middle of conversations
out on a drive
while chewing a mouthful
and so it continued for years
then one day,
it stopped.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure you don't have anymore pics of the bike?

Nice blog, btw.

Eaglet said...

Thanks.
No, other pics are with the ex. that pic, I got off the net.
But its exactly the same, except without the 'Ninja'.

Kawasaki zx-11, 98, D.
Bike is currently in a workshop in town. Its been there for 2 yrs, because he crashed it and still cant decide if he wants to fix it or buy a Hayabusa.

Anonymous said...

Can't afford a Zuk Hayabusa. The detergent Super Busa, maybe.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/cerealkilla/