Thursday, June 09, 2005

Ohhh Skunky!!

You know when you're almost drunk as a skunk but not quite?
When you are swaying and all
ohh-happy-giggly-melty-breezy-jelly knee-ed
but
still aware of it?
Well, I'm there now.
I was slip sliding all over my silky sheets
and ooomph
fell off the bed
When I drink,
I get peckish.
When I get peckish I sit on my bed
mentally rummaging through our fridge and cupboards
Cheese!! I think.
hmmm...do we have those hard floury things that humans call biscuits or crackers
(yes I become an alien when drunk)
ohh yessir we sure do!
My housemate is a sucker for all things biscuity.
Righto then, cheese on crackers with ripe Packham pear
Cept' my pear isn't ripe
our crackers are sweet
I find out
as I nibble my way through a multitude of
hard floury baked stuff
like a little rat
to counter the sweet,
butter will do the trick!
Cept' there's no butter.
So I spread some mayonaisse
and sprinkle with salt
then I top with sharp cheddar
(though I'd much rather have some brie or camembert or smoked dutch)
(on Pain au Levain)
and due to my lack of ripe pear
a slice of crisp apple instead
I taste
Yecchhhhh...
Doaway with the crackers
just and apple-cheddar sandwich.
Somebody catch me before I fall.
I think I'll just go and pass out.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What's a sandwich if you're just having the filling? *heheh*

I believe you needed vegemite to complete the combination - it would have made you forget the crackers were sweet :P

Eaglet said...

2 fillings slapped together makes a sandwich!

vegemite.
I don't do.
At least i think I don't.
Is that the stuff that gayle eats with plain rice..?

Unknown said...

aaaahhh...


Vegemite.
Perfect on buttered bread or toast.
Especially when under the influence.
Sobers one up instantly.
Usually.

It's true.
Vitamin B absorbs alcohol.
Like a sponge for water.

Edgar "Jobe" Gasper said...

when i get hit by the after booze munchies, i usually dont care what i get a hold of...s'long as it can be chewed and swallowed!

Unknown said...

Jobe, I once said something similar to a lady, and her reply was:

"you wouldn't say that if you were a girl."

Just letting you know bro, for info.

Personally I'd suggest a burger, as beef contains loads of vitamin B to absorb the alcohol from your system - thereby preventing a smashing hangover. But if you don't take beef, there's always good 'ol vegemite.

Eaglet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eaglet said...

This weekend has just been hangover after hangover...
cheese on toast, vegemite, square sausages, or 'anything'...
blah blah...to each his own.

I've been craving Jiu Hoo Char.
In a big way.

Oh BTW. I feel like absolute crap.
o my poor head....

Edgar "Jobe" Gasper said...

u know, ideally, the best thing to avoid a hangover is by drinking a shitload of water before sleeping(or passing out, whichever first)...a 1.5 liter bottle should suffice :)

Edgar "Jobe" Gasper said...

Also, passing out under a running shower for 7 hours, fully clothed, works wonders...

Didnt even have the slightest hiccup of a hangover :)