Monday, June 20, 2005

A Glorious Meal

So Friday night came
and I had a great clubbing schedule set-up
despite my utter disappointment at being
completely
completely completely
unable to get us dinner reservations at Bedsupperclub
at all
throughout the weekend.
*starts tearing
But first,
we had to meet a friend for dinner elsewhere.
To get to the restaurant in Sala Daeng
we took 2 trains
and walked about 3 blocks
(me totterring in stilettos,
trying not to get stuck in pavement cracks)
Zanotti, it was called.
I must start by saying that
at the beginning
I was completely clueless as to what a
gem the night was going to turn out to be.
Our host ordered a bottle of white
while we perused the list of appetizers
I had my heart set on Foie Gras with Raspberry Sauce
when he suggested ordering 2 mixed appetizer platters
the others said okay
I was too polite to object
but getting increasingly sulky
Not only had I not been allowed a glance of the wine list
But I had been denied Foie Gras in favour of
some antipasti platter!
So out I tottered for a ciggarette
(No Smoking at all in BKK's high end restaurants)
and when I went back in

Fucking hell.

Everything was absolutely indescribable.

And then the next bottle of wine came.

A Costa De Almerita from Sicily.

And then our mains came.

I was in seventh heaven.

No comments: