Saturday, April 15, 2006

Relax? My Arse

I arrived on the island at noon

Immediately pick a book up,
Change into my bikini and hit Emerald Bay
I read, I lunch, I sway in the hammock


Finally, my aching limbs are getting their much needed stillness
Nat walks up
“Eh they just started wake-boarding, come we try?”

“Okay” says I,disregarding my screaming muscles.

I’m already pretty burnt from the sun and tired
from
frolicking in the magnetising sea at half-hourly intervals
I’ve been up since 7am and driven 3 hours
But do I say, “No, I need to rest?”

*shakes head*


We get up on the boat
I go first
("You go lah, I'm scared", she said)
We are first timers, mind you.

I get up a few times, take a break, my forearms are quivering

Nat’s turn.
I’m not kam-wan
So I go again

Posted by Picasa

When we are done, the sun is setting.
I have never ached so much in my entire life.
Ever
Never.
(This is where other members of my family say
‘fuck the dog man, I can’t move’)

It hurts to sit down
it hurts to stand
It hurts between my shoulder blades
My knees hurt, my thighs
My wrists hurt

You get the picture?

I made dinner plans when I first got here
But when I’m showered and immobile on the bed
I think, ‘fuck that’

I’m getting room service, I’m sleeping early then I ‘m going for yoga,
breakfast, a massage and a swim before I leave
that be the plan.

So dinner is mushroom soup with truffle oil
Preceded by glorious grain bread dipped in olive oil and balsamico
(good, nutty bread with olio and balsamico is one of the best things on earth I feel)

A glass o’ red
And a whole grouper and tiger prawns
Grilled and barely seasoned, served with a mesclun salad

(couldn’t finish, went halves with Nat)

Talk about divine.


I may ache, I may be exhausted to the bone
I may not be looking forward to going home
or having to finish 2 articles tomorrow

Or having to wake up early for the ADUN meeting on Monday
But right this second, I am content beyond belief.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you mind telling me how expensive it is to stay in the hotel in pulau pangkor? are we talking more than RM200 a night or less?

Eaglet said...

Pangkor Island and Pangkor Laut Island are different.

Pangkor is public and there are lots of resorts, motels etc for different budgets, Pangkor Laut is private with only one resort on the island, only guests can visit, special priced rooms are no cheaper than RM280 (unless you got inside people) (=

inevitable said...

Pangkor laut is paradise, pangkor island meanwhile, bleh...

Anonymous said...

Room rate is MYR920 per night for the cheapest, up to MYR2415 per night for a suite.

No such rate as MYR 280.

Malaysians can go for 3 days 2 nights with all food and soft drinks included for MYR999 per person.

Eaglet said...

Shagger: I never said there were 'such rates'.I said 'Special Priced Rooms'. For special people.

Anonymous said...

Aja's special. In a spastic way. Haha.

Aja: Do you go as part of a review (ie all expenses paid)? Cuz you seem to go on these types of trips often and indulge in culinary expeirences that mere mortals on a slave's wages cannot possibly dream to afford.

PS You should start to name your foot and toes. They have become like a central character in some of your photos. I like the name Herbert. I think Herbert is a poser.

Eaglet said...

Bard:I was going to take offense to you calling me 'spastic' then I realised, 'wait, I am...'

Anyways most food, I go on reviews if not then I paid lah dei!Pangkor Laut, like I said, I'm special (=

Which one is Herbert? and is it pronounced her-bird or Ehr-bey?

I'm not sure if herbert will fit in with Percy, COrnelius and Henry though..

Anonymous said...

Who says herbert as ehr-bey? You're not autistic are you? I'm sure Herbert will get along with Percy and Henry...I'm not sure about Cornelius though. I'm pretty sure he kicks Cornelius' ass around.

Eaglet said...

The french say Ehr-Bey la! You sound like youo know Cornelius intimately. He's mine I tell you! Mine!

Anonymous said...

Dont mention them Frenchie surrender monkeys... their only good contribution to the world is like French food and pastries.

PS I see Corny on the side...thats why he's still warm when you come in...Hah!