Friday, April 14, 2006

It's Not You

It's me.
After stressful days at work, I like to be alone
Unwind, relax, recollect.
More so when it’s the Friday ending a hard week.
Like this one.

If I say 'no' once, I mean it
When have I ever shied from making plans or traversing the social circuit
When I am up for it?

If I want to see anyone, or be with anyone
I’d most probably invite or suggest plans myself,
when I don’t it’s for obvious reasons,
I don’t want to.

So I deflect.

No amount of smses or calls will change things
The more you ask, the more I feel cornered
The more I resent you, the more I want to run
Don’t take offense, don’t push
Don’t jump to conclusions, or try and give me the guilt-trip
Just leave me be
And I’ll come around, eventually, on my own.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well said...i see where you're coming from...

Eaglet said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I will never SMS you again for fear that it's me.:)

Anonymous said...

yeah, you can never tell with this girl, she puts everything on her blog! smallest things she'll go, 'i'll put this on my blog then you know', ma piang, like blackmail ni.