Friday, April 07, 2006

A Girl Moment

At lunchhour today
someone went to the Nailbar
Someone wanted a manicure
but nodded enthusiastically when she was asked
if she wanted a pedicure as well.

Someone sat on her arse for a whole hour and a half
(going outta my head, cannot read, cannot turn pages, cannot move hands and feet)
as she was attended to by 3 women (everyman's fantasy + one)
someone preened with pleasure when
these 3 women said her nails "Hoo langgh er"

And then, someone screwed 3 nails up
just getting from the nail bar, back to work
an hour late somemore
one excruciating scratchy/smudge, after the next
supersakithati

Going back the after work to fix em
V's Bday dinner plans will just have to be delayed slightly

So anyway,
I walk into the office needing to tell
someone, anyone, about my
nail catastrophe

Kev says "Since when you so girly one?"

Eric says " Your life damn good man!"

Kanneh, can't a girl have a 'girl moment'?

I hold my hands up, palms facing me , to Gabriel
"What?" he asked, confused

"My nails," I say, excitedly, "I did my nails"

Behind him Aaron gives me a quizzical look.

I'm motormouthing,
" SoIwenttogetthemdoneatlunchbutlookatthemnowIscrewedthemupwithcash,
payingforparking,gettingcarkeys,i'msosad,going......."

Now if you ever needed to know what a
'Blank look' is?
Ask Aaron and Gabriel, they do it tres well.


They're still looking at me, still registering that I am speaking
but just completely clueless as to
what I am on about

"It's okay boys, continue with your stuff.
I'm sorry, as you know I have no girlfriend in the office
and I just momentarily got carried away. Plus I just had a doppio espresso.
Sorry."

Need a work girlfriend man.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I get girly moments too. Although I prolly shouldn't have declared that. :P

Anonymous said...

hmmm...man whores do need to put some effort into their appearances, else what'd set you apart from the regular joes?

Eaglet said...

wait Kev, I'm confused, you speaking for yourself or joe?

Anonymous said...

ja, i've read his blog...there's no where i'd ever, ever match his repertoire. he's prolly like, the lord of sluts, or something like that, and i mean that in the nicest way possible! i'd love to be in your shoes!