Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Friday, 21st April, 2006

We arrived a Pangkor Laut earlier today
and spent the day doing the usual lazing on Emerald Bay
By 5 o'clock a noisy group of Taiwanese people arrived,
snap-happy (yes, so am I, but I am not loud and squeally)

they posed in a variety of positions
that reminded me of Pablo Francisco doing the Backstreet Boys
* rolls eyes*

We leave.


Later as I get dressed to meet the rest for dinner
I realise that I have underpacked.
Again.

I have this phobia about overpacking which
inadverdently causes me to underpack.

All the bloody time.

As I tap-tap on the wooden walkway over the sea
I become extremely aware that
my
ever-so-comfortable, 'on holiday' boy-shorts
are displaying a very VPL

So throughout the night
I placate myself by telling
me that a VPL is
far better
than a butt flossing, anytime.

I mean, I love my thongs,
but they're just not practical on holiday
how to do sporty things then?
It's like wearing make-up to the gym
(gosh you wouldn't believe the amount of girls who do that)

Since stepping on the island,
I have seen 3 snakes
two that they caught somewhere
and a tree-snake at the bay
in my mind, I think:
"Stevo wouldn't survive here".

We have dinner, 3 couples and 2 singles
we drink, we become so loud it's best to pretend we're Taiwanese
"We're Taiwanese!" we chant in between bouts of loudness


It starts to pour. 'Call transportation' they say
'Lets walk in the rain', I say
'It's not thaaaat far' (underestimated)

The group is half-half about it
Its seriously pouring
We gather shoes in one big plastic bag,
bags in another

Deep breath.... and 6 RUNNNNNNNN
All the ang moh kau people applaud
aunty and uncle take the van.

We arrive soaked through
all warm up in matching bathrobes, play chor tai tee
eat stolen ice-cream
and end the night howling to
Goodbye My Lover.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shucks. You all get the best fun.
*sulk*

Eaglet said...

Well if you're really really really nice to me....

Anonymous said...

I wish I could. I really do.
:)