Friday, April 14, 2006

Cannot Move

Before I start, let me just tell you something about
sporadic mid-week holidays
they really screw up your schedule.

Take last Tuesday’s public holiday for example
I woke up bored shitless
My closest friends worked that day cos the businesses they deal with
didn’t recognise the day as a holiday,
so I decided to go to Gurney Plaza (which is just plain evil).

I spent nearly 40 bucks on lunch alone
bumped into a male friend and met his mom (was braless, not a good thing)
charged a skirt for 50
and joined the bloody gym
yes me.

Celebrity Fitness no less.


I told myself it was worth joining because:

(a) It’s near home and I can walk

(b) Working late doesn’t allow me to go for those walks in Botanical Gardens anymore

© The gym has all these fab classes that will make exercise fun

(d) The treadmills face the windows overlooking the sea
(so I can pretend to be transfixed by the view and not have to indulge in small talk)

(f) That paying such an exorbitant price would be the most

important motivational factor in me getting my arse there and making use of facilities

So I went the first night for treadmill
The very next morning for yoga
And the 3rd night for two back-to-back street jam classes

Yeah, I’m trying hard to justify charging it.

And I am paying.
Every muscle in my body aches
Which is why when my aunt casually suggested I drive to Pangkor Laut this weekend
to pick her up (after staying the night)
I agreed.

Woot. Can’t wait to relax on the beach and not move.

2 comments:

H.C. Tan said...

haha I joined Fitness First here in KL also. Believe me, my very reasons of joining are exactly like yours. So I'm making myself go at least on alternate days. First few days hurt badly..but now ok d..joined 2 weeks liao..so u keep up the good work!!

Eaglet said...

Gotta get more motivated! But sometimes I don't even have the time (=