Thursday, November 23, 2006

So finally after a month, yesterday was
my first true day ‘on my own’. Tuesday.

I waited for the cable guy to come and
took 80 pictures of a pear and a bowl of fruit while he did his thing.
Saw my 3rd rainbow in a row.
Felt special.Specially selected by
designer of the universe to experience such sights.
Uh-huh.
Thrilling.

Then had chicken kiev, cous cous and vegetable stew for lunch,
went to the station and promptly missed the train
I did not let that deter me, After all I had cous cous for lunch
Cous cous makes the world a better place.

I decided I would drive to town.
Something never done on my lonesome.
Fared well and made it to my appointment on time.
Stepped into a salon and allowed a pregnant woman
to order me to strip and coat my body with hot wax.
Oooh baby.

Walked around town, walked to university,
allowed myself to momentarily be down for missing out,
then went back to the car and paid 40 ringgit for parking
Bought not a single thing at the highstreet.
Proud of self.

1 week ago:

“ Look, do you like my new jumper? Guess how much it cost, guess!”

YM: 20 pounds? 25?

Me: 3 pounds, can you believe it? Oxfam.

YM: *recoils* Oxfam? You went to a charity shop? Urrrghhhh. What if someone died in that sweater?

Me: Don’t be silly, I don’t care, its pretty. I think of it as ‘vintage’.

YM: Yay to the delusional!

Funny I’d never think of shopping at charity shops back home. Never!

Question?
What is the significance of Beyonce's
'to the left, to the left?'

No comments: