Saturday, November 18, 2006

Chats et Chiens

3 pm, 9º C and I’ve just come in from the doctor’s.
Same problems as before except not so >

I have to go back to the doc at 5
Cabin fever is escalating and I tell myself I simply cannot
stay home in between.

I cast my eyes towards the window
Sunny.Ish.

I’ll take Percy, go to my favourite café and try and write.
Coldish but I can do without my coat, circulation is good for you.
I don’t need no Yomeishu.

So I collect my stuff, walk down the hill
Then change my mind about the usual café
And decide to try a new one.

This one is decidedly more posh.
Café cum art gallery.
And a further walk.

I order a cappuccino and a yoghurt coated flapjack.
Flapjacks are my new thing
They make me shit well and masquerade as a sweet dessert.
They are misleading in a good way.

Dadman calls to find out where he must pick YM from
Then chides me for not taking the car “You’ll get soaked”
I look out of the window and it is pouring buckets.

Percy must be saved!

This new café gets points for clean minimalist decor
Scratchy jazz, good coffee, and from what I can tell by
shamelessly
peeking at other people’s plates;
aesthetically pleasing food

(obviously that is not an indication that it provides
taste-bud orgasms)


It loses points for beingcramped
and filled with ‘ladies who lunch’ plus lonely distinguished (gay?) men.
Seems pretentious-like
And I’ll be the first to admit (before some wanker points it out)
That I normally like this type of place, but not today.

They’re playing Stephane Grapelli.
Outside a brilliant rainbow is arcing across the bruised sky.
Why am I the only one who notices it?

Oh rain, rain go away.
Come again when Percy’s tucked away.

No comments: