Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Mutt's Nuts

I have recently acquired a pen-pal
(or hang on, we use no pens, would that be a keyboard-pal?)

Anyway, said pen-pal is (hopefully) no crazy stalker
and no where near me
and sends verbose, lingering emails, almost as random as mine

Today he sent a poem written, for the woman who has his heart

I read it when I woke and thought
'what a simpering, love-sick fool'
then banged my head against the wall
because I no one writes ME stuff like that.

Rubbit in why dontcha.

Anyway, I wrote k-pal back real short and
told him simply that I thought his poem was
the dog's bollocks.

Which of course, as the great british comedian
Eddie Izzard once tried to explain to an uninterested
NY audience, is a brit expression describing
something that's the absolute apex.

Like the 'cat's pajamas' or 'the bee's knees'.

K-pal immediately assumed that it meant 'good'
and assumed so, in a 'sure, but-almost-maybe-not-quite manner'

*excerpt alert*
Wait...I just realised...don't tell me that dog's bollocks means incredibly sweet...cuz that's just gross. *lifts eyebrows quizzically*

*Imaginary tea party with Aja *
"I say, Aja, good lady...your chocolate rum balls taste delighfully like dog's bollocks. Do be a dear and pass me another helping."

Then came the quest to find a Malaysian equivalent
that made me LOL
'the Tapir's testes'?, 'the Gajah's gonads'?

I'm glad I LOL-ed
I awoke to find, that not only is YM still home with
a different ailment, but so is Dadman.

My quest for 8 hours of alone-ness is becoming a huge joke.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Y'know...I never got that bees knees and cat's pajamas thing either. I'm just not sure if that's anatomically correct and that bees are able to sing: the knee bone's connected to the...thigh bone... I'm not sure if cats wear jammies or one-sies (complete with poop chute) either. Even if they did...how the heck did that become the epitome of coolness/awesomeness/{insert overpositive adjective here}? Amusing, yes. Cool? Errr...

Mebbe I think too much. It's all a load of bollocks. =)

Eaglet said...

Sometimes I think maybe I think too much too.

oooohh.

um. gotta go.

toilet!

Anonymous said...

Toilet ones...now those are interesting...

Taking a dump,
Taking a pooski,
Droppin it like it's hot (I coined it after Snoopy's song)
Baking brownies,
Dropping the kids off at the pool,
Taking the Cosby kids swimming (very mean indeed)
and for the upcoming holidays - making yuletide logs.

Anonymous said...

I think the significance/ importance of the bee's knees were where the pollen is collected.

In Penang, we tender in 'Gu eh Cibai' as our crème de' le' crème~! haha.

Anonymous said...

I think the significance/ importance of the bee's knees were where the pollen is collected.

In Penang, we tender in 'Gu eh Cibai' as our crème de' le' crème~! haha.