Thursday, November 09, 2006

Growing Pains

YM and I are in Blockbuster
the plan is to rent 3 DVDs

He picks 2 mindless scary flicks
and I suggest The Talented Mr.Ripley
"That film is shite!" he says

"Well you've already picked two and I like this," I say

"But my parents are paying for it."

"Well I can pay my bit.." I retort
giving him a look reserved for misbehaving male people
in my life
(a look, I might add that I hadn't used in years
because all the men in my life are angels)

"Get what you want and lets go" my tone is final.

Later when we get home, YM sheepishly comes down
to apologise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 weeks later, we are in France
YM has been given a precious 15 Euro to spend
and is ambling about the DVD store
I am looking at food

He comes up to me, hands me a DVD
I look at it "Whats this for?"

"Well you wanted it that day and I was being
horrid, so I bought it for you"

He bought Catch Me If You Can.
And I smile, touched, unsure whether to
tell him the truth.

But he sees it, smacks his forehead
"Oh no, it was The Talented Mr. Ripley!"

"Its okay, this is great," I say
"But wouldn't you rather get yourself one?"

"No, its for you."

And this is from the boy who if he won
10 000 pounds would buy DVDs with all the money
who counts his savings out in DVDs.

1 comment:

the frou fr0u one said...

just imagine him at bt fghi where DVDs are only RM4
i think he sure die of OD
hahahah