Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Strawberry Pie

2 hours after MTP picked me up from the airport
we found ourselves in the bakery in downtown Birkerod
where I very nearly squealed at the sight
of the luscious strawberry pie
it beckoned, and I followed.

"You want?" asked MTP
My eyes were probably lit and shining
the answer was evident.

Later, we sat down for tea in the terrace
and I took my first bite
these pies, I tell you

The strawberries are sweet and plump
jelly glazed
sitting atop and light vanilla custard cream
that sits stop and etheral, fragrant
almond pastry thats light yet has a dense,crisp crumb
the pastry, I think is equally important
as the strawberries and cream
both a delicious, decadent and addictive.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Eaglet said...

Sometimes it takes immense strength to remins myself why I love you and why you're a good friend..eh, I dont normally send out chain mails ok!