Monday, July 24, 2006

Friday:Tivoli Gardens

Mtp had been urging me to see Tivoli
in the summer, it's on of her favourite places
so when the subject of a concert there came up
I pounced.

We arrive at dusk
after a sumptuous, costly Thai meal
that I insisted on cos I was craving so bad
(now I know why, PMS)

The gardens are teeming,
the place has a vibrant, jovial vibe
the old-fashioned street lamps cast
a magical, fairy-tale like glow
this is one of the oldest and supposedly most
beautiful amusement parks in the world.


I want ice-cream
and Ming says the concert is about to start
so, later
But I insist (never toy with a woman with PMS)
Ice-cream or I scream
we go get.


The concert has begun, we wend our way through
the crowd, I vaguely remember it's
some veteran Danish rock-star playing
overflowing/jam-packed/crushing
comes to mind
the music is good, despite being unable to understand
the lyrics
and the people are passionately clapping, singing

Later MTP asks "So who performed?"
"Some old Danish guy,"
I say, then tell her about the crowd

That evening she comes into my room
"Some old Danish guy?, Michael Falch is
the Bob Dylan of Denmark!"

"Well, he is, hot." I say by way of apology/distraction

"Yes," she sighs, leaning against the door-jamb
"He is hot."



The concert ends and we try and get on rides
Though the park shuts in an hour,
each ride attendant tells us they reached capacity

I wonder if this is really true or whether its racism
the boys have told me of encounters (jeez I say it like 'aliens')
and I am PMS-ing and sensitive
It saddens me, eventhough I've never experinced that sort of
thing before

"Is it true?" I ask MTP when the subject comes up
"Sadly, it is" she says
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: