Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Precision

If anything irks my Daddy
it's a person's inability to be precise
yet I was thinking, with regards to blogging
or this blog in particular
how does one be precise when
the readership is so varied?

Here, I have total strangers
aquaintances, my family
greatest friends, strictly online friends and
the like

So how do I get the correct message across?

Too often, messages get mixed
altered, taken the wrong way
like telefon berkarat
end product is always perceived differently
by an individual

So when I write, I write as though
I am speaking to my best friends
cos I know, they know exactly what I am talking about

they can gauge(yes, babe, gauge, not gage) my mood
they know that even when I bitch
I truly am enjoying myself
they know, if I am making light
of what is heartwrenching

and the rest, well some do get me
others get the wrong opinion or idea
but seriously, can I really hope that everyone
sees me the same way?
Nahh.

I can slip in a simple line
that has no relation whatsoever to the rest of the post
and it will send a message out
like a few days ago
I slipped
'I'm being neglected' in a post
and maybe 10 people wondered
'is it me?'

But only one, knew for sure it was
and called to apologise immediately.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How true...
I'm not a jerk... honest.

Eaglet said...

You're weird la you.
Honest.

Shimmers said...

OMG!!! i've been finding a way to explain what blogging is to me and u said it... so simple and yet so straight to the point! (no wonder "your're" the writer and not me)

can i make this post as my reference??? i'll link it back to you... *puppy eyes* please?

Eaglet said...

Shimmers:
Can lah,can lah (=

Anonymous said...

Hmm weird...I've been called worse. I'll take it! Thanks! *enthusiastic electric ecstatic*

Anonymous said...

I'll take that too! Thanks! Yay, Its Christmas!

Shimmers said...

thanks aja!