Thursday, July 06, 2006

HOT!

The weather had been scorching by Danish standards
26-27 degrees by day, 24 by night
and when there's no a/c anywhere
it's pretty fucking hot

So hot that one of my favourite afternoon past times
is lying in the grass, napping
because at least there, there's breeze

but oh! to then discover that MTP owns a hammock
and me and hammocks man
"Where is it?" I asked excitedly
she said she'd look for it later
I went and looked for it immediately
Found it!

Strung it up by the lake

like I could fall off the hammock
roll twice and be in the lake yo!
this, my friends, is bliss.

I also found that, if I angle
my laptop just so
while down by the water
I can 'catch' the wifi up at the house


Initial excitement died down
and MTP and I were just sitting down for
a dinner that was more breakfast
(because no one feels like cooking
or eating properly in this heat)

I am having an apple, crackers and 3 types of cheese

and she has kryderboller
though we were both considering Koldskal

As I take my first mouthful
my phone rings
I squint at it
no one calls me at this time

It is Cubed
I excuse myself from the table
and flop on to Henry's replacement
(outside clothes on)
and start telling Cubed all about everything

from hammock, to highest overall tax rate
worldwide,
from talk with MTP, to having no friends(yet),
from BBB to Peter luring me to the
Edinburgh Arts Festival

Cubed listens, I rattle on
then he says, "So I guess you're happy there?"

"Yes, of course," says I

"Were you hoping I'd hate it and come home?"

"I 'm not saying it, but so, no chance lah?


"No, no chance," I say


"Okay, wanna meet me in New York?"

Cannot, cannot, cannot.
All these people, luring me all over.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really should come to Malaysia...I hear its nice this time of year...

Eaglet said...

Hello, it is nice here la. I've been to Malaysia, I was even born there!

Anonymous said...

...was being sarcastic...?

Eaglet said...

ahhh...yes yes yes ...sorry...was being blur...?







LOL
I'm so cacat

Anonymous said...

*tries hard not to say anything*

Anonymous said...

Its hazy in Penang, Stay where the air is clean. Come to Edinburgh lah

Anonymous said...

Forgot to say that the festival fringe is on which is even bigger than the festival
www.edfringe.com
Please get your ass in gear because I am going to try and get tickets as soon as you give me the green light. I will work around your dates. Pete