Saturday, July 01, 2006

How?

its 7.30, I am sitting at a sidewalk cafe cum bar
nursing my 2nd glass of wine
that I have come all the way to town to drink
because the (17 x 7) + (12 x 4) bottles of wine
downstairs, sitting undrunk in MTP's cellar
have been seriously taunting me.

Like seriously.

So you could say I'm happy right now,
kinda but not quite.

I decided I'd come to town,
have a coupla drinks, loosen up
have dinner with my aunt and the kid

But now, here with me
are two 8 year olds
on their 3rd round of
'Themed Pavement Catwalk'
the first round was regular modelling
the second, hiphop catwalk
and now we have spastic

Now I could easily ignore their antics
pretend I don't know them
but I, have the honour
of being the judge, the one and only

Now they want to run into the dining area
"okay I tell them, don't make a mess
and don't make too much noise"

The waitress comes out
"Its ok, children are welcome,
I have 2 of my own too."
O:

So, I am wondering how I got here?
how my 'nice, quiet drink' plan
got messed up and these 2 kids
finagled their way into my care

I swear they didn't want to come out for dinner at all
insisted on being left in the courtyard to play
yet curiosity piqued when I said I was off to the bar
at first they wanted to just see where I was
then they wanted ice-cream money
then they sat themselves right down!
and drank my water.

'Can we please eat now?' asks Sean
'What about your mom?'
We call her, she has a work dinner

Its just me, Sean and his strange little girlfriend
whose grasp of english
encompasses but 2 sentences
'You smell like shit'
and
'yo yo yo!'

I bundle them into the restaurant
they agree to share fettuccine with lakks
which in english speak is salmon
the meal comes
and we discover that Katherina
doesn't eat salmon

I order my 3rd glass of wine.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since you like kids and your english is superb by M'sian standards (not a hastily mashed together jumble of words with a liberal sprinkling of lewd mentions of genetalia of various family members), you should teach kids there english. Make some serious money?

You'd be doing a national service too so that children won't grow up telling foreigners that 'You smell like shit'and 'yo yo yo!'...unless they do of course...
*queer eye for Aja*...

Eaglet said...

Yahor....I should take the TESL course and make some cash *ding*! I 've been telling people to do that but didn't think of it on my own.

Silly cow me.

Anonymous said...

i was reading, and came across 'So, I am wondering how I got here?'...i would be wondering how i got my arse all the way to denmark man, you ever do that? i'm so envious of you la...:)...

Eaglet said...

I took a plane, then another, then another..
WOndering how I went from 'relaxing drink' to 'duped by 2 kids into babysiting them'la!

Really, are you envious?why? You love being where you are (=

Anonymous said...

Kev would settle for bewbs (sic)...he likes his nips hard n cold...keeps him occupied for days...

Anonymous said...

how u got there is the ice cream money. give a kid dosh and u got "sucker!" printed all over ur forehead.

they'll never leave you alone now. ;)

kids love you. you love kids. it doesnt get any better babes.