Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Danish Pastry 101

My sources say, that Danish Butter Cookies here
taste the same as Danish Butter Cookies there
also, Danish Pastries here, are called
Viennese Pastries
which I think is quite plausible
since Vienna has always been known for its
pastries and tortes
basically its sweet desserts

Ohhhhh don't get me started about Vienna

Below you will find traditional Danish breakfast rolls
Crusty exterior, light, airy and moist inside
plain, or dusted with sesame seeds or poppy seeds
eaten plain
(but Aja eats everything with brie)


Then there are Danish Pastries
A cinnamon snail in the front (to die for)
and in th background a pastry filled with a loose
almond-paste-like mixture
(didn't try it)


Pictures are crap because I just wanted to eat
goddammit

There you go Bardy!
 Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

mob1900 said...

Back from the butter cookie capital of the world already?

Anonymous said...

For me? Awww...

Eaglet said...

Mob:It actually is possible to blog in Denmark lah, they have internet too. I'm here for a year.

Bard:Wah, so lucky ah you?I had to eat on your behalf..

Anonymous said...

I'll eat Penang/Asian/Malaysian food on your bahalf too. Sure you don't want pics?