Wednesday, May 18, 2005

It's My Birthday and You're Cooking For Me!

er...Okay.
I spent the whole afternoon wracking my brains.
What to cook? What to cook?
I wasn't really craving for anything.
and
it was my luck that the person requesting that I cook
has always appreciated anything that I cook (thank you!)
and
I don't really care if it's a particularly easy or challenging dish(I love it either way)
so
it's just making a damn decision on what.
Finally decided,
on simple, yet presentable in a sit-down dinner as well as comfort-food-like:
Split Roast, Crispy Skinned Chicken
Portobello Mushrooms with Balsamic Dressing
(I am currently courting them, they are my new love)
Roasted Pumpkin, Baby Potatoes, Carrots, Brussel Sprouts, Red Onions & Smoky Caramelised Garlic
Dill Mashed Potatoes

Posted by Hello

The camera's battery was exhausted, thus the crappy pics

(but then again, I'm a crap photographer)

While I slaved over the stove,

I enjoyed an excellent bottle of Australian 02 Shiraz, though what I really wanted was a Pinot.

Dinner was accompanied with Prosecco

Dessert: Rich Peach Cheesecake

1 comment:

Cee said...

lOokS ABsolutly delicious!!!!

[something i couldn't possibly do], aja! do u have any tips on how i should...give my [only eat]chicken-pork-vegie diet a boost instead of the "oyster sauce or soya sauce" goes with everything kinda style? basically, i can't cook, and i'm broke, which means--- no take away food. i just don't know what sauce or "easy" little herbs to fry my chicken and stuff with to give it a lil more flavvaaa~. HELP!