Monday, May 09, 2005

What I did with last week...

On Friday, the 3 of us had a massage at half-six,
Tiffins for a nice dinner, then I gave them a quick guide to clubbing (or the equivalent of..) in Penang.
Soho, Glo, Lush, SS, Chillout, Green House (K.O.)
On Saturday, we ate and ate and ate.
In fact throughout their week here, eating was an integral part ( or the point of waking up) in their day.
From fine-dining to streetside.
In the evening Badr and I had a facial, Mayleen a massage.
Early night because we had to wake early on Sunday.
Why?
To go on a boat-trip to Song-Song, where we snorkelled, saw dolfins, anticipated Golden Snappers, Groupers and Mangrove Jacks for dinner, got burnt, read books and napped.
and that was soooo tiring, that I slept early.
Monday, saw us spending all day at the excellent Danai Spa, then on to daddy's for a BBQ feast. Later came the introduction of Blue and Soho's.
Langkawi, here we come!Up at 7 am on Tuesday.
-What we did in Langkawi-
Day one
Bought alcohol!
lazed by the pool
lazed by the sea
ate a wonderful meal at Nam, the restaurant at the delightful Bon Ton (one of my favourite places on the island)
Went to listen to the band at the ultra chill Reggae Bar
The girls went to bed, while the boys went to bar (Blue liked it so much he slept there not once, but twice!)
Day Two
Pool, Sea
boys went jetskiing,Mayleen massage, me -alcohol
Fat Mom's for dinner
Black Henry's for lycheetinis
Day Three
Cheap lunch on Cenang
Underwater World
Datai, and The Datai
went to Seashells,
had humongous oysters (though the smaller ones are supposed to be nicer, depending on place of origin and etc, but I won't get into that)
Lazed at Burau Bay
Had dinner at Barn Thai
Day Four
Checked out the Rhu
Had Nasi Goreng Ayam
Pool, sea
The great cable car ride (seriously worth a visit) no, like seriously man.
Dinner at the Beach Garden Resort
(though I must say, Nam has replaced it as my favourite restaurant on the island)
Reggae Bar
Drinks and pool at Seashells
I know I am not making anything sound very interesting, but how can I write creatively today?
It's a bloody Monday!
Anyways I love Langkawi, the rolling green hills, paddy fields, the whiteness of the powder fine beach, clear waters, and dirt cheap alcohol.
I love how so much of it is so untouched, the laid back quality of life,
the dirt cheap alcohol.
I love the wildlife, the water buffaloes, the hornbills,
the dirt cheap alcohol.
I love how I know it so well, how driving around there is like driving at home, I love the resorts and the excellent restaurants,
the dirt cheap alcohol.
No, seriously, it's such a great place!

No comments: