Monday, May 30, 2005

Pensive

Lately I've been blog-surfing a lot.
You go to a friend's who links to another,
and another.
And then there are random strangers
or the popular blogstars.
And sometimes I find myself unexpectedly mentioned in the weirdest places.
That's so strange.
It makes me so much more self-concious of what I write.
But yet there's only so much I can filter
otherwise, its just not me.
It's weird when I meet someone I havent seen in yonks on the streets
and before I finish my sentence on whats up with me
they say, "I know".
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyways ,
Reading about all these peoples lives..
This is what I see,
in each day
of people 4/5/6 years ahead of me
slog slog eat shit bitch whine drink slog blog sleep
Do you realise how many of you whine about being back here,
working here, your jobs, your lives
your very existence?
How many can genuinely say they are content?
And then there are the ones,
so unfullfilled
but too damn afraid to take the risk of moving away
from mediocre experience
so they settle for so much less than their potential.
I 've told myself that i won't end up that way
and maybe that's why
before this, I applied for those different jobs
but turned them down when I got them
I did it so that I would know,
that if and when I wanted to break out,
I could.
And I am here today,
not because I can't be elsewhere
the opportunities are limitless
but I know that gaining experience here,
will take me even farther.
Yet, I am fucking terrified
that I will become like that.
I know I ve got the resources, the balls,
the burning desire to
pack up, leave, try something new, different
but what if it dies?
Didn't everyone else vow to grow up different?
Surely they did, and here, today, how many have broken out of that box?
I find it hard to believe that some people
have such small dreams
"I just want to grow up, work in a cubicle, get married and I'll be happy"
is that it?
Ok, some people have simple requirements,
but you know what chills me to the bone?
Forgetting your dreams,losing hope.
Hey Mr.Pan, it won't happen to me right?
Just some random thinking.
I don't know where I'm going with this.

4 comments:

the frou fr0u one said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
the frou fr0u one said...

gurl, u already blog bitch drink blog sleep, do you not?

do you also not whine about being here?

its different travelling around and actually living sumwhere else and bonding with the place.

and sumtimes its not that we fear the risk of movin away but we have to make choices, for some people a special someone keeps you grounded and that someone is home "home is where the heart is". so you choose, the person or the place. eventho you choose the person, it doesnt mean u'll forget the place you called home. so expressing (or whining as you call it) helps you vent and make best what you have here with that special someone.

other times, you cant be elsewhere where u wanna be, not coz you arent good enuff or not cause you arent different or not cause they are satisfied with life here but becoz other aspect like visas and residency denies you that chance.

everyone has the ability and everyone has balls, but life is about choices....whats important.

why do we have this want to strive to be different?

the frou fr0u one said...

sorry, accidentally posted too many!
:p

Unknown said...

Life is truly about choices.

Some choose to live the life as if they were on a perpetual holiday; laid back, carefree and all. Others choose to live life with a 9-to-5 routine.

Then there are those who live life like their arse were on fire :P