Tuesday, May 17, 2005

What A Marvelous Day!

On days like this I get completely lost.
Its just beautiful.
Sunny but breezy
The sky is a brilliant blue
shot through with plump, white clouds.
I am awed.
So awed that when I stop to cross the busy main road
I just stand there
letting countless opportunities go by
because I am too busy
looking all around me
How the light reflects against the old buildings
how the lush green of the treetops
standout
compared to rich azure
How the siamese and burmese temples
contrast
with the heavens
How the bright orange
of a monk's robes
light up the street
On days like these,
people must think I am crazy
gazing starry-eyed all around me
When I drive, I am so distracted
and accident could happen
blow right past me
the hills, the birds, the ocean
an infinite source of beauty

3 comments:

Nina L-M said...

i feel you, share the beauty, just in a different coast haha. i'll try and get the ranch dressing for you. i'm in the midst of moving right now & i'm gonna be home in a week! so tryna squeeze it all into 7 days - partying, friends, sex, packing, goodbyes. argh. but i gotta say, i'm jealous of you girls. i wanna be in those photos! soon, right? are you in pg or kl? i'll hit you up when i'm back. and please, find me a HUNK. ;)

Nina L-M said...

yes i'm 'gymming' ... hopefully that *shudder* wasn't a bad one lol.

merely passing through huh? hmm, well when i get back i'll make sure they stay ;)

i think i'll be spending more time in kl this trip. jenny's trying to find me an internship at some company, or simply help her friends out. kl, pg, pretty much the same thing right. cant wait to see you girls.

Anonymous said...

hey hey nina..long long time no c, think the last time was when i ran into u and ur bro at savanh..!wats this about coming to KL??? come come come!
u lookin for an internship..?wat did u major in, and wat kinda job u lookin for..let me know, n i'l ask round 4 u too.. :)
hope 2 catchup with ya soon!
..tracy...