Wednesday, May 18, 2005

A Spontaneous Feast

A visit to the supermarket with an equally enthusiatic grocery-shopper (we find it therapeutic) on Sunday evening had us both salivating madly at the variety of fresh fruit, cheese and other produce on display.
"Let's cook!", said we
(which I later learnt meant: "You cook!" on my companion's part)
We prowled the aisles, mental menus changing a dozen times,
swiftly snatching things up and putting others back just as quickly.
As I had woken up at 3 and stayed in bed pigging out til 6
(Chilli, Chic Sandwich, Bircher Muesli)
We planned a light, but satisfying supper.
One of those
Assemble-Yourself-Eat-at-Leisure-in-Front-of-the-TV-Affairs.
the
Portobello Mushrooms baked with Herb Butter, English Ham & Brie Posted by Hello
came after the

Red Grapes, Baguette, Garlic Bread, Pate de Foie, Roma Dip & Brie Posted by Hello
this was absolutely delicious, all that garlicky,tomatoey,olive oil goodness soaking into the slices of baguette and dripping down our chins.

Bruschetta of Roma Tomatoes, Basil, Onions, Garlic, Olives +Extra Virgin & Garlic Bread Posted by Hello
The other one only ventured into the kitchen to make the drinks. Apple Martinis with Sperm Joose, spiked with god-knows-what-else...aptly named Spermtini.
Delish!

1 comment:

Nina L-M said...

all that food is making me drool all over my laptop! im starving like mad here cus dumb me moved all my cooking stuff n food over to the new apt, leaving me with water & nothing else in my current place. *sigh. i need to learn how to cook like u. gotta please the man, know what i mean? lol