Monday, October 02, 2006

Posers

God how I missed this.
They drink beer, I drink
wine.

We
pose.
We giggle, laugh, scold.
We (some of us) speak like
chinese gangsters
while sitting
lady-like straight backed

I waggle my finger and tell them
"Smoking kills!"

We go to the bathroom together
1,2,3,4,5, and more at the same time

Girls.

We bitch at other people's outfits
forgetting that we aren't dressed quite so
'normal' Penangy
ourselves
We spot and save each other from people
we want to
avoid.

We hug, we
cry.
We say
"You traitor, how can you get married?"

Call each other names, tease
laugh with and at each other
We say
"Yam-ah, yam-ah, yam-ah!"
We tell each other
"Thank you, I love you."

And I really don't know if its just
us
Or is it like this with all girls?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
12 midnight and I eye the bride, say to Ana
"I think if we buy the bride one more shot,
we kautim, all can go home."

I go outside to escape the smoke
(and also a very angry bride-morphed-into-dragoness
someone has spilled beer over her)

10 days to 23 and I now have so much less patience
for this environment
(the smoke, not the dragoness)

I wander through the hawker stores
aware that my 'tights n boots' aren't exactly normal
but does it warrant this much staring?
Seriously man, these men have no tact

LOML is being grouchy as fuck
practically growling in my ear
not happy with my wandering

I order a double beef special
Ramly
A beggar asks for money
I tell him, no cash but a burger if he wants
he says ok and stands next to me to wait patiently for 15 minutes.

Then May comes out and wants to know
why she can't have his burger!

I said babe, "It's the beggar's one wor!"
She said, "Babe, I'm hungry wor!"







Daddy asked me the other day

he said, "Who is this 'babe' you keep referring to?"

"Daddy, they're all 'babes'!"



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooo celyn and "The Hand"! magnifico!

i had drinks with 3 of u the other nite and thought u girls were a force of nature.

5 of u together in a bar, intoxicated. that must be like Hurricane Katrina all over again. ;)

Julsgp said...

nice pics... soho's right?

the frou fr0u one said...

aWWWw j3
such a sweetie
so we shall be seeing u this weekend yes? i'll show u how to perfect "The Hand" haha
dum dum dum

Meng said...

THE TIARA BABES!!

Anonymous said...

where did you guys bought that cute lil crowns from?