Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Growing Pains

I am so aware of what a delicate stage in life I am at with YM
On one hand he is at the cusp of teenage-dom
Still a sweet boy, unafraid of declaring his feelings
“I love you mom” “I missed you Aja”
We cling tenaciously on to that pure, unsullied bit.

On the other hand, he is already there,
the normal teenage boy discovering women, sexuality

Every male friend I meet who finds out
YM is 13 going on 14 starts with that snigger and winking
telling me he's probably going to school telling his mates
to check out his aupair

I really don't want to know
And sometimes, I wish I could disappear


Like when a raunchy scene comes on TV and he teases me and says
“Aja, what is that man doing to that lady?”

Or like today, when we left the house, just as a posse of female
Plumber, electrician and architect came in to do my bathroom

“A bunch of lezzers weren’t they?” says YM
“I just don’t understand it...” he says
circling forefinger and thumb on each hand together

and rubbing them together.
“I mean, what iiiiiiiiis that? A man and woman I can understand, but that?”

That’s when, even though driving,
I throw my hands over my ears and scream a long, drawn out one.


“Are you quite done then?”

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what's not to understand about lesbians? ;)

i always did say i was a lesbian trapped in a man's body.

Anonymous said...

Eh j3, quit stealing Eddie Izzard's lines, ok? ;)

Anonymous said...

The youngster will be stealing your underwear and selling it at school before too long.......

He will be as horny as a rhino at fetish convention...

Eaglet said...

GilaM:I thought Eddie was gay? I dunno la all these confused people got me confused (;

Shagger: Hornier than you?

Anonymous said...

He's a male lesbian... natch, he's not just any male lesbian, he's an EXECUTIVE male lesbian. EI is only slightly less funny than Margaret Cho and is infintely funnier than Chris Rock.

Eaglet said...

I find EI so-so nia. I like Margaret. I no like Rock. I like Pablo Francisco and Mitch Hedburg but poor Mitch is dead which is why people shouldnt do drugs because drugs are bad for you and can cause the death of you.


:D