Saturday, October 28, 2006

Bomb

Its the end of a long long day and
emerging from a warm relaxing bath
I walk through the kitchen (that I cleaned 20 mins ago)
to find it in a complete and utter mess.

YM has been.

I stand there sputtering helplessly
my neck muscles tightening
I move to start cleaning
and check myself.

No goddamn way.

I march upstairs and find Dadman on the way
"Are you alright?" he enquires (most convos start with this question)
" Well, YM 's just been and the kitchen looks like its been bombed."

"Oh, well, don't worry I'll come down and do it."

"No, I think he can do it," I say
as I continue up to YM's room.

I knock, open, and he is snug as a bug in a rug.
"You left the kitchen in a complete mess," I say
He looks at me bleary eyed, "Oh, I'll clean it up in the morning"

"Promise?"

"Promise."

I go downstairs, get on the kitchen phone
and the mess starts to get to me until I can stand it no more
so I clean it up.

I wonder if he'll even notice or have forgotten about it tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning YM comes up to me
"Who cleaned the kitchen last night?"

"I did."

"I said I would do it, I was going to this morning."

"Just say thank you, make sure you do it next time,"

"Thank you."

And slowly but surely, we gain everyday
just the fact that things are noted, appreciated
is enough.

No comments: