Monday, October 02, 2006

Brothers




I am lying on the upstairs couch
trying to nap in between
visitors at the wake
but its not happening.

Cute they are, these brothers
I watch them sleep in their room across the
hallway.

My analness about 'no-outside-clothes' on Henry
is something inherited from Daddy
thus the couch, no bed.

The boys start to stir and I creep in
with my camera, stealing shots
then lying down on my side
facing Sean.

He blinks sleep from his eyes
then his face breaks into the widest grin
"Aja" he says, "Hi Aja"
Still grinning, he continues
"Aja, Aja, Aja, Aja
Aja, Aja Aja"

Later I sit next to the older one
after the younger one has wandered off
tickling his curled palm
Brendon, so grouchy about me taking pictures
before his nap
Now smiles widely, readily posing.

That night I tuck him in
read him Roald Dahl and stop to explain each page
then he tells me
he's had enough, I can go.

Little snatches, every once in awhile
these are the moments
one wants never to forget.



No comments: