Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Maggi Mee

And then YM comes home from school
And we bid silence and peace goodbye
He comes into my room, hears my jazz
And twirls me this way and that

We go to the Chinese shop and buy 30 packets of instant noodles
(The whole family has been converted!)

The lady at the till tells me
“No twentee, fhirthy,” when we take 20 packets up
“Sorry?” says I
She repeats and I say “Forty?Fifty?”
“Jesus!” Exclaims YM, grabbing my arm and propelling me back to aisle
“She said thirty! How is it you’re the Chinese one, but I understand her?”

Then we come home, sit down to supper
After, we make raspberry soufflé
YM and I.

And I remember last week, Bantum asked me about soufflés
Why are they so difficult; but they’re not, really (=
It’s about having absolutely clean utensils, not wasting time
And being gentle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha...thats right aja. You tell him. i want to see your raspberry souffle!! lol. peach souffle is on our menu now.

Eaglet said...

Bet my souffle is better than yours!