Saturday, October 28, 2006

Adopt A Patient Day!!!

Hello peeps.
Any of you chasing that
warm fuzzy feeling in the pit of your stomach today?

Go see my mother.
All alone in the big bad hospital!
She's in GH Penang Ward C5
look for the surname Rozells.

Go la, "Say hi aunty, mother-of-Aja" Take her a starbucks latte
or thai fish cakes (she likes them) since her wonderful
daughter isn't there to do that.

It would be nice. and it would make you feel good about
yourself, and it would make me feel like I am
actually somehow contributing.

(= Go lah!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to a text from my aunt
telling me mother has been admitted.
Blood pressure over 200
a walking time bomb.

I call my aunt first because I want to know all the details
she's on her way back to see my mom
this is the first time I have not been there
for something like this.

There are suspicions about her not being good, but it
doesn't fit the pattern.

When I finish with my aunt, she says
"When you speak to her, don't get angry,"
But I am angry, I am furious
but mother sounds alright, and I am holding it in
but as she tells me her story, I get pissed of and start lecturing
about getting priorities straight
about having 2 daughters

I mean how many times do you need to be told
your blood pressure is through the roof
and you could stroke anytime before
you actually go to the hospital?
she starts to cry.

Now I feel like shit, so I tell her
"Stop crying ah, or aunty Nat is going to scold me
cos she told me not to scold you
and she's going to be there any second."

Then I sms a doctor friend, call an ex boyfriend's father,
call my aunt back.

Later mother calls, I speak to her, then aunt then nana.

I tell mom tales about YM's acting
and how he does great accents
in the background he makes fun of how my
accent goes all malaysian when I am speaking
to people at home

I tell her about how we both constantly do accents
and about how I unknowingly do chinese accents around
chinese people and YM freaks with embarassment.

She laughs, and laughs somemore
and I guess that's the best I can do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny how things go. Just came from visiting BBB's grandfather in hospital. He looks like shit, sounds like shit, and is convinced he will be out in 2 days, smoking again in 4 days and flying to Spain in 6. Nothing beats the dellusions of old men... Hope your mom gets well soon. Big wet toddler kisses from BBB. He is happy and well, his mom is dying of stress. Take care.