Sunday, October 08, 2006

May's Chinese Wedding

I bolt upright at quarter to 8
May is getting married today

Or rather, she has gotten married
today is just the tea ceremony/dinner day

We hustle there, hang around til 2
bushed
I come home, throw my clothes off
snuggle into Henry, he and I have 2 nights left

Isnt it funny how when you need time,
its not there
but when you don't, it ovewhelms you?

Vans calls, Butta isnt home, and she's coming over
Goodbye sleep.

The girl talks. and talks and talks.
"Babe, shut up, go to sleep."

"Babe, you used to let me talk to myself, now not even that."

"Okay okay talk to yourself."

Can you imagine?She can talk to herself so much that herself
is sick of her?

"Babe, I'm very uncomfortable looking at your ceiling la,
its like, neither here nor there, not square one,"

Dejavu, I feel, been here, had this convo.

"Babe, can you just close your eyes and go to sleep?"

"Babe, my eyes are closed, it's just my mouth that isn't."

"Babe, how is XXXXX?"

"I dunno, don't care."

But oh she knows the ring tones for all these people
I try to avoid and starts singing those songs.

I give up on sleep, play music on my phone
we lie on respective beds (Henry is only for me)
and sing

We order Mc'Ds, pig out
Split up, get ready for the wedding.

I go crazy with my new toy
I watch the video and cry

Then we convince the bride to party
I beat a few men at pool
and come home.

Me and Henry.
One more, after tonight.

How time flies.
How I hate it.
How I dread leaving home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you don't HAVE to go, you know. :)

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip back and good luck! Hope you don't have my problem few months ago where luggage was overweight by over 10kg! hehe