Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Facets (What You See May Not Be)

He drops me off, I go up
as I walk in, a text.

"Don't take this the wrong way, but I love you."

I reply, "And I you, but people are concerned that
I am giving you hope where there isn't hope, am I?"

"No you're not, I know there's none.."

Then he asks me why I choose to spend so much time
with him, and I say its because I rather spend precious
time with someone who's company I enjoy
then to with someone who I don't enjoy.

Relationships are delicate, complicated, I know
and what people looking in see, can be completely
different from what is.

And even after explanation, people may not understand
often it is an understanding only between
two that others can't fathom
But I love the concern over him, because he so deserves it.

I give back, in being me, in showing facets,
that so many don't see.

No comments: