Thursday, September 14, 2006

Ze Vezer Ees Shite

No Mood. Pregnant gray clouds.
Rain, fine misty like but there nonetheless.
Me fight urge to creep back in bed.
Me want to eat on of those
giant baguettes crammed full of pork and apple sauce
or with roast turkey and cranberry sauce
or with southern fried chicken and mango chutney
from David Lush's Butchers down the road
but me too lazy to walk down hill.

______________

Yesterday was Roald Dahl Day
I mean, he's only about like, one of the greatest writers EVER
Since YM goes to Dahl's ex -school
there was lots of fanfare with the kids dressing up
and BBC News & Radio turning up to film the school grounds
and YM landing a spot on both the radio AND the evening news
reading an excerpt from 'Boy' as he ever so coolly propped a tree up

Dahl's daughter flew all the way from LA to talk
to the BBC for 3 minutes as well.

I was trying to explain to LOML who Roald Dahl was
for some stupid reason giving him examples of
less popular works.

3 hours later (and no longer in that conversation), it hit me
why didn't I just say
"He wrote Charlie & the Chocolate Factory"?

Cos I, am cacat.
_________________

Yesterday evening I took a long walk in a direction
never before ventured and uncovered the most beautiful park ever,
a deserted old pier and miles and miles of rugged coastline

I think, I also had my first encounter with racism
where this young skinny punk drove past me
and shouted something that looked suspiciously
like "Chink!" out of his window

I couldn't hear, I had earphones in.

But it scared me for a moment, a lot
then after that I really just wanted to beat the shit out
of him.

Stupid little shit.

No comments: