Thursday, September 07, 2006

Just Call Me Betty

Its what my girlfriends called me for awhile anyway
Betty, after Betty Crocker
or wait, was it Martha?

Hmmm.

Anyways, I feel like such a mom.
Today YM started Year 9,
I took him to school at quarter to 8
came home, did emails, breakfast
read a bit, cleaned a bit
lunch, cleaned a bit more
then set off to pick him up at quarter to 4

I got stuck in the 'first day of school jam'
and found myself cursing new parents
who insist on shadowing their child on first day
and clogging up the school roads,
cursing like all the other veterans (;

Then YM got in
'do we have time to buy a drink before
my batik class?'

'May I please have some Quinn's ?'
(alcoholic drink made entirely out of fruit juice)

I find myself giving Mom type answers

'Yes we'll stop for a drink only if we get
to the main road and traffic improves'

'No you may not have Quinn's before your class, but
perhaps a bit after.'

And what surprises me most is,
YM actually listens.

WOW.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm telling you, the little guy loves you! ;)

Anonymous said...

It was Martha...

Anonymous said...

Hie, how u doing?
I juz need to ask u something..

person 1:
U adore him, he is arrogant, stubborn, caring and loving (sides only u know), says he will call u later and doestnt, but ur heart skips everytime u see him, and u tear when u think of him..

person 2:
he is good, he is always caring and loving, will love u always, u dun adore him, but he is good to u.. no heart-skipping moments..
and apologises when he is bz and calls u back..

how? how?
its not a life and death situation, juz i was wondering is it wrong to wait for the one u want to be with, or shud u juz take chances and hope u love him someday and long for him indefinitely, and juz date him anyways.. cuz ur age is catching up and everyone u know is asking u when u getting married, u seeing anyone yet?
i think its not fair that some ppl, meet and everything becomes nice and warm... and some of us juz cant seem to find the right one..
juz be blatantly blunt..

Julsgp said...

wah..power of aja!

Eaglet said...

J3:'Little' is not a word one would use....

May: Yeah YOU started it!

Spring: I'm going to post about that..

Juls: POWER!