Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Chicken Rice, Let Me Be!

Ever since I saw that program on Singapore
with Dadman and NMTP
and their eyes (and mine) lit up at the mention
of Hainanese Chicken Rice,
Chicken Rice has haunted me.

I made the chicken first with kway teow for me and YM
then I made it with proper chicken rice for myself
(YM dug into the leftovers)
then I sent Mayleen the picture and through that was coerced into making it
for the whole family sunday

Then today, which is supposed to be Dadman's
designated cooking day,
YM and I are driving home from school when
he ponders "Hmmm what shall we ask my dad to cook?"
But under his breath he says 'please Aja please Aja cook'

"Hmmmmph okay," I say, "What do you want?"
"Please can we have the poached chicken again?"

but today I made chicken fried rice
and kailan, and poached chicken.

Very good if I should say so myself, but 4 times in 2 weeks?
Gosh.

3 comments:

Chun said...

can you pleaze teach me how to make your perfect looking chicky rice when you're back here??

instructions will suffice.

email will also suffice.

looking to have you back here gal!

Eaglet said...

Haha, its easier for you to buy lah! Cheaper also (= I only make because I am far far away.

Chun said...

i wanna make it for you-know-who lah.

and the recipe for crab cakes too!remember dat???