Tuesday, September 12, 2006

How The World Is Tiny

I am to arrive in London at 8
and besides my cousin
am due to meet Chris and Heiko at some point that evening

Chris is Frou's English- Malaysian Chinese ex
and Heiko is a german guy who interned in Penang
about 4-5 years back

to make it easier, I suggest we all meet for dinner
and am a bit apprehensive about everyone not knowing
everyone but too bad lor

Chris suggests Nyonya and I'm not really craving Penang food
(I'll be home in a few weeks)
but appreciate the thought, so say 'Ok'

Throughout the night I am really worried
about Chris, Mayleen and Heiko
not knowing each other but
Chris is early
and Heiko is late
So we eat first and head to the pub,
where Heiko finally showed
and as I was speaking to him, I spotted Chris smiling
across the bar, but it didn't look like it was to me
So I turned back to Heiko and ..
"Do you know Chris?"

"Yeah, long-story, I met him briefly in Langkawi
then later met a girl in Penang and when I moved to London
she coincidentally moved into the same building
and he happened to be dating her then."

The next day, Mayleen and I walked into
Royal China, hungover and craving dim-sum
and I am absolutely sure that
the guy sitting in the corner is Tuan An
but cannot for the life of me remember his name right then
So I spend most of my meal peeking at him
and trying to remember it

Its only at 2am that night that it comes back to me.


This world is too small.


2 comments:

the frou fr0u one said...

u saw thuan un?!?!
awWWwwwW
see now i m jealous
ok i m jealous that u get to be in a pretty life....but now i m like reeeaaalllyy jealous wan
wut the hell right??
pffttt
p/s the malaysian chick was that Alison look like a man indian chick who though she was damn hot and tried to hit on samsunshine too

Eaglet said...

I THINK it was him babe. Youhave to check with him (=
Dont la be soooo jealoussssss.
Anyways I thought it was that Alison chick, but he said Tan wor the surname (i think)