Tuesday, September 12, 2006

London Again

"Check out my kitchen cupboard"
Mayleen tells me as soon as I walk in

Thanks to that trip
Her cupboards are overflowing with something
like sixty packets of maggi mee

We go out meet the people, and tumble in at nearly 2 am
where she plays Chopin, then we sit in the kitchen
talking about metal(music), coincidences and..
actually I can't remember what we spoke about
I was drunk
This is probably because I actually am
a lightweight and just can't keep up

I remember she made me indomee goreng egg on top
I remember that indomee doesn't bode well
with wine in my stomach
and I remember kneeling on her bathroom floor
retching into the bowl
"How do you do that?"
she says, as I stick my finger down my throat

I try to answer her but obviously I can't

"I've never been able to do it!"
I gag

She's sitting there on the bathtub side
just watching, commenting, not holding my hair up
or patting my back or anything.

Suddenly maggi mee and sauvignon blanc spew out
"Oh great! honey, you did it!"

This cousin relationship is a weirdly beautiful thing
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The morning after, I am out of bed early
creeping into the kitchen for coffee
I shut the kitchen door
she bursts in, bleary eyed
"Are you alright sweetie?"
I nod my head
She goes back to bed.

5 minutes later, I remember the crispy noodles with
prawn, duck and kailan
tapaued from Royal China, sitting in the fridge

I take the box out, open it
2 seconds later
the kitchen door flys open
"Are you eating the chinese tapau?"
she says bounding in in her panties
(unfortunately I can't be topless as well because there
is a man in the household)
As she sit, I pass her chopsticks

"I heard the box opening (through 2 walls)
and I sat up and laughed and jumped out of bed
Andy wanted to know what was up
but I just ran out" she tells me, giggly

5 mins later Andy comes in
"Nutter" he mutters, shaking his head at her.

No comments: