Monday, April 18, 2005

What is it with Penang girls?

I am still in agony.
Walking like there is an elephant between my legs
I also loathe Mondays.
Yesterday my cousin's boyfriend and I had an interesting conversation...
He said, " What is it with Penang girls and texting ah?"
It's true man, what is it with us?
My cousin and I can text a whole book, but when it comes to speaking to someone face to face or on the phone, I am at a complete and utter loss for words.
We rant, flirt, avoid,confront, through texts.
It is a serious problem.
What makes it worse, is that when I am speaking to someone, I know that I don't know what to say and thus try harder to think of something to say which makes it even harder and results in an even more 'blocked' mental block.
How now?
What has technology done to us? It has made non-personal contact communication soooo easy that we just don't know how to deal with face-to-face communication anymore.
What happened to the old days? When if there was a problem you sat a person down and talked face-to-face, when you wanted to discuss wants and needs and you speak.When if you were happy, you smiled, hugged.
Not send a smiley.
Now, it's text, text, text or email?Hell, even blog.
I mean for me its alright if someone calls to find out something, tell me something etc. But if someone calls to chat? Oh boy, now that's real pressure.
I guess it isn't that way with people that I know well, but with people I've just met, you know, you're in that-getting-to-know- you stage, they 'll call to chat and..
I'll be
stumped.
And they'll think that I 'm just some fucking brainless twit who has no ability to hold a conversation whatsover.
I really have to learn how to talk again, it's gotten so bad that I think I need a class.
and she said..." For all you know, they spent the night on both sides of the bed furiously texting each other..."
How to Talk to People Normally 1o1
Sign me up

2 comments:

Eaglet said...

crapadildos! just realised how that might sound!
I meant thnaks Blue for le metaphor!
gawsh

Anonymous said...

omg i cant believe u posted this hehe - lyssa.