Wednesday, April 06, 2005

How to earn extra sickness/pity points

When I am sick, and have taken a day off, I generally choose to not wear make-up to work the day after to boost my 'sick' points and farther justify my sickliness.
On days like this, it is predictable that my Boss will walk by me at some point during the day and say, "You look sickly", (which he just did).
But, I really am sick. I am so sick that I have opted to stay in the office during lunch because it is too much hassle for a weak person like me to walk down the stairs and drive home to lie in her bed for 40 minutes then wake up and drive back , then walk up the stairs to get back in time before lunchtime ends.
So here I sit. Typing. Munching on my alfalfa-egg salad-garlic ham sandwich that I just know you would kill to have some of.
Alfalfa and egg salad is one of the most heavenly combinations on earth.Try it. He-who-must-not-be-named will confirm.
Gayle is ill too, we are comismically connected that way. She missed me yesterday, you must read her blog ( I've finally linked it)
To earn, extra, extra illness points I have asked my Boss to tapau soup from across the road. Soup is what Sick people eat, thus, I am sick.

No comments: