Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Of Big Lunches and College Days

Yesterday Zach and I were sitting around in my mother's garden
reminiscing about the old college days...
My mother's big lunches
The ones we drove 25 minutes each way to scarf down
The ones my good college buddies would go for without me if I had classes
and they did not
even if it was
my house
and
my mother
and
my food
and they were
without me
Scene: Aja comes out of class to see, Meng, Beng, Zach, Derek and etc dawddling around smoking ciggarettes..
Aja: Hey, what did you guys do for lunch?
Guys: Uh, we went to your house..wah your mom cooked damn good man today!
Aja: Where? My house?...Cheh...
yes.
Those lunches, you remember?
and so, we coerced my mom into cooking us lunch today and I must say it was lip-smackingly good, though nothing like those days cos you guys were not around
Thus,
I extend an invitation
Next time everyone is in town
Give me a buzz
and we shall arrange
"A Lunch in Honour of College Days"
Dress Code: Ala College
Bad hair and body odour: optional.

No comments: